Mergers & Acquisitions
Acquiring a company to grow, or exiting by selling your business is an extremely important decision. Mergers and acquisitions entail a process that requires a lot of expertise, experience and diligent, hands-on work.
CEO Advisor, Inc. has the experience, expertise, focus and connections to facilitate your mergers and acquisitions needs for software, technology, interactive, media, manufacturers, healthcare, printing, professional services and many other types of companies. We provide a comprehensive mergers and acquisitions advisory service to meet all of your needs.
Contact Us to speak with Mark Hartsell, MBA, President of CEO Advisor, Inc. to discuss the best option for you and your business or call (949) 629-2520 today.
Valuations and Trends
Valuations of privately-held companies are at a premium today. Specifically, technology and SaaS/cloud-based software companies’ valuations are extremely high at this point in time. Many factors in the market can quickly effect or erode these valuations. Contact Us to discuss your valuation and the best plan of action.
The time-frame to complete an M&A transaction can vary greatly depending on the industry, size of company, complexity of technology or products/services, size of the market, number of prospective buyers, financial performance, and the extent of the due diligence process. The time-frame to complete a transaction can range from three to four months or longer to properly prepare, secure and negotiate a Letter of Intent (LOI), and another three to four months to perform due diligence, finalize the legal documents and closing.
The Sale Process
CEO Advisor, Inc. has over two decades of business advisory and mergers and acquisitions experience. Our twelve step process is comprehensive, hands-on and focuses on the successful closing of a transaction that meets your goals.
The following is a summary of our M&A process:
- Acquire the Needed Information to Develop a Strategy and the Criteria for Acquiring a Company or Selling Your Company
- Preparation and Research of Valuations of Targeted Acquisitions, or to Maximize the Value of Your Business; Creating/Updating the Business Plan and Forecast/Offering Memorandum; Creating a PowerPoint Presentation to Concisely Present Your Business; Review of Your Financials, Assessing the Valuation Range; Due Diligence Preparation; Defining How an Acquisition Will be Funded and Other Needed Preparation
- Create a List of Targeted Companies to Acquire or Sell to Based on Your Criteria
- Initiate Contacts to Targeted Sellers, or Acquiring Companies if Exiting; Schedule Conference Calls or Meetings to Answer Questions on the Executive Summary and Engage with Sellers or Acquiring Companies to Generate a Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Generate an LOI for a Targeted Seller, or Secure LOI(s) from Acquiring Companies of Your Business; Execute an NDA with Each Targeted Seller or Acquiring Company Submitting an LOI; Negotiate the Optimal Price and Terms; Ensure an Acquiring Company has the Funds to Close a Transaction
- Finalize the Negotiation of the LOI, including Compensation for the Owners/Management; Consult with a Corporate/Transaction Attorney and Tax Advisor/CPA, as needed, to Minimize Taxes
- Initiate the Due Diligence Process to Validate the Many Aspects of an Acquisition
- Complete the Due Diligence Process and Renegotiate Specific Terms of the LOI, as needed
- Review and Work Together Through the Asset Purchase Agreement and related Legal Documents and Consult with your Corporate/Transaction Attorney and Tax Advisor/CPA Firm to Finalize All Legal Issues and Minimize Taxes; Complete the Stock or Asset Purchase Agreement including Final Negotiations of All Points
- Execute Internal Legal Documents to Approve and Complete the Acquisition or Sale of Your Company
- Finalize all Aspects of the Legal Documents and Secure Updated Financials from Seller, or Provide Updated Financials to the Acquiring Company, as needed; Final Preparation to Close the Transaction
- Execute the Legal Documents and Close the Transaction; Pay Funds to Seller or Receive Funds for the Sale of Your Company; Initiate the Post-closing Integration Process and Requirements
Contact Us to speak with Mark Hartsell, MBA, President of CEO Advisor, Inc. on the best plan of action for you and your business.
Sale of Your Business - Two Options:
CEO Advisor, Inc. provides M&A advisory services to facilitate the sale of your business with two options in order to:
A) Maximize your selling price
B) Create optimal terms for you and your shareholders, and
C) Minimize your taxes
Option 1 – Sale by Working with CEO Advisor, Inc. and an Advisory Team
Working with an M&A advisory team consisting of a corporate/transaction attorney, tax advisor/CPA and CEO Advisor, Inc. as your M&A advisor, negotiator and liaison will provide the M&A services you need, coupled with the experience and expertise to complete a transaction and enable you to maintain a healthy, growing business during the entire M&A process.
CEO Advisor, Inc. provides business and M&A advisory services to:
- Prepare for the sale of your business and increase your ability to secure the right buyer at an optimal sale price
- Research and formulate a complete targeted buyer list
- Initiate the contacts to targeted buyers and generate interest with the goal of securing a Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Negotiate the LOI, while keeping you insulated from any head to head conflict with buyers and save you time to run your business during this rigorous process
- Finalize the LOI and ensure you have a qualified buyer that has the financing to complete the transaction and is the right fit for you
- Work through the Due Diligence process along with you and the buyer and make sure the deal remains strong and intact with minimal or no changes to the terms.
- Work as a liaison between you, your corporate/transaction attorney and tax advisor/CPA to get through the Asset Purchase Agreement or Stock Purchase Agreement deal points according to the LOI and work through any tax and legal issues to yield the highest return to shareholders with the least tax burden.
- Ensure the deal gets finalized, funded and closed as timely as possible to accomplish your goals.
- Assist with any needed post-closing integration issues to elevate the success of any contingent compensation.
Contact Us to speak with Mark Hartsell, MBA, President of CEO Advisor, Inc. to discuss the best plan of action for you and your business.
Option 2 - CEO Advisor, Inc. Secures a Private Equity Firm Investor or Buyer
CEO Advisor, Inc. has relationships with many private equity firms to enable you to sell a minority interest, majority interest or 100% of your company. This provides you with flexibility, tremendous benefit and an opportunity to cash out partially and further build substantial value by taking a "second bite" of the apple.
Contact Us to discuss your needs with Mark Hartsell, MBA, President of CEO Advisor, Inc. or call (949) 629-2520 for more information.