CEO Advisor Newsletter October 2021
Five Critical Traits of High Performance Companies
What does it mean to be a high performance company today? Most companies take a unique approach to the way they recruit talent, motivate employees, hold employees and vendors accountable, and create long-term customers. Many companies claim to be high performance companies, but few have the leadership or processes in place that actually allows them to do things the competition only dreams of.
Here are five critical traits of high performance companies:
100% Sales CultureIn a true sales culture, everyone is proactive and is accountable - the CEO, the sales team, account management, customer service, marketing, operations, all the way to human resources. Making everyone proactive and accountable helps the company become all about growth and customer success. In a true sales culture, everybody talks to customers, everyone is a prospective or existing customer, and the goal is for every action to positively impact the customer. This enables a singular focus on the customer's success in every single thing that the company does.
Insane Focus on Their PeopleThis is what I like to call Winning As a Team. Smart companies have developed a methodical and more predictable approach to whom and how they recruit, how they train, and how to keep people motivated and on goal. For example, train your sales team weekly in sales meetings, set sales goals, track these sales goals and reward sales team members for achieving the goals with pre-determined bonuses. Hold the sales team members accountable for their goals and measure the goals annually, quarterly and monthly at a minimum. A heightened focus on achieving goals can be a result of increased success. Other companies may say, "people first," but at its core, you can't just believe it, you have to act on it.
Track, Measurement, ResultsCompanies that track, measure and review key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics and goals gain a distinct competitive advantage. This gives CEOs and presidents insight into the productivity of employees daily, weekly and monthly, and ultimately drives your employees to achieve goals, success and results. The leadership at high performance companies is empowered with up-to-date information in the form of a Management Dashboard on employees, sales, marketing, operations, financials and customer issues. This enables CEOs, presidents and business owners and their managers to improve performance, motivate and empower employees, create more opportunities for employees resulting in less employee attrition, and increase the bottom line.
Service, Service, ServiceFocus on the customers' needs. This idea might be the most important. We all know that happy customers are the best, long-term customers. Additionally, by focusing on the customers' needs, you will uncover many desired products and services that you can upsell and cross-sell to them. Businesses that go above and beyond to show the customer that they have their best interests in mind, while valuing their products and services by adequately charging customers, are the companies that perform and grow at the highest level. Companies that not only track their own performance, but the satisfaction of their customers create long-term, loyal customer relationships.
AccountabilityA critical component of leadership is accountability. This includes holding yourself accountable, and holding your managers and employees accountable, as well. This takes discipline and fortitude that so many entrepreneurs and business owners lack on a day-to-day basis. The consistency and discipline that is needed in your business is something that you may not possess in your daily life. Accountability is important in all aspects of every business and is extremely costly and time consuming when it does not occur. Create accountability by tracking and reporting on all aspects of your business as a core part of your business, and fulfillment, opportunity and success will follow for you and your team.
CEO Advisor, Inc. can help your company achieve these five critical traits and become a high performing company. We work with CEOs, presidents and business owners of small to mid-size companies to grow your business to the next level.
For a free initial consultation, contact Mark Hartsell, President, CEO at 949-629-2520 or email MHartsell@CEOAdvisor.com or visit www.CEOAdvisor.com for more information.
CEO Advisor, Inc. Advises Crisp Imaging, Inc. on Archival Software Launch
- Docu-Dock software is solving a major issue for facilities, commercial property owners
- CEO Advisor, Inc. (www.CEOAdvisor.com), a growth, strategy and M&A advisory firm, is advising Crisp Imaging Inc., the West Coast’s premier independent digital printer for the construction, real estate, facilities management, education, healthcare, corporate and many other industries. Crisp Imaging has offices from Seattle to San Diego and its depth and breadth of services include reprographics, marketing materials, display graphics, PPE, scanning, archiving, document management and on-site services.
- Crisp Imaging (www.Crispimg.com) is excited to announce the launch of its latest new product, the Docu-Dock software for secure archiving, searching, collaborating and retrieval of large and small format documents, such as architectural plans, drawings, and specifications with flexible attributes to add value and searchability to the documents.
- Gary Crisp, CEO of Crisp Imaging states, “The Docu-Dock software has been used in the education market for years, and we are extremely excited to leverage its capabilities to other school districts and industries with pressing needs for secure, permanent, searchable electronic plans and drawings. Coupled with our high-quality scanning capabilities, this is a very strong offering to our customers.”
- Mark Hartsell, President of CEO Advisor, Inc., states, “Crisp Imaging is an extremely innovative media company with tremendous capabilities and a top tier management team. Its scanning services and archival software solution are a winning combination, and we are very enthusiastic to be involved in the growth on a regional level along the West Coast and then scale the offering nationwide.”
- CEO Advisor, Inc. is advising the company on all aspects of strategy, growth, planning and launching the software offering. Our financial, sales, marketing and operational expertise in the software industry will assist the Crisp team to accelerate growth.
- About CEO Advisor, Inc.
- CEO Advisor, Inc. provides growth, strategy, growth capital and mergers and acquisition advisory services to effectively meet the specific needs of small to mid-size companies in the software, technology, media, healthcare, and other industries. CEO Advisor's mission is to advise CEOs, presidents, business owners and principal executives with the needed expertise and focus, coupled with hands-on advice to grow your business to the next level and realize your life’s dream through a successful exit.
- Contact Mark Hartsell, MBA, President of CEO Advisor, Inc. for a no cost initial consultation at (949) 629-2520, by mobile phone at (714) 697-3370, by email at MHartsell@CEOAdvisor.com or visit us at www.CEOAdvisor.com for more information.